With all the recent talk about content marketing I thought I’d write a free report on my experience producing content as a journalist, marketing editor and market analyst. Content marketing has a definite buzz about it right now, but in my experience it is something that has been around for quite some time, but not known specifically as “content marketing”.
I have written an introductory report on the topic and am making it available for free download and use (see licence terms below).
Download the report
Table of contents
- About this report
- Report licence
- Content marketing at a glance
- Content marketing definition
- The content in content marketing
- What content marketing is not
- Who produces content marketing?
- Content feeds into other forms of marketing
- No one “owns” content marketing
- Content marketing benefits
- How objective content is used
- Content marketing and media relations
- Traditional media under pressure
- Content marketing feeds the media
- I already do PR, am I the media?
- Content marketing for PR firms
- Content marketing and lead generation
- Lead generation a tangible content marketing outcome
- Reach and “pull” of content is key
- Content marketing strategy planning
- Develop a content marketing plan
- Good content is not always about you
- Example content marketing strategy
- Content marketing samples
- About the author
The report is licenced under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 licence. Basically, the report is freely distributable and can be used for both commercial and non-commercial use, but it cannot be sold, republished without full attribution, or included as part of a derivative work. If you are interested in using this report for reasons other than stipulated by this licence, please contact me for permission.